This position will report to the Head business risk, the person will manage the business risk management initiatives and ensure implementation of risk management best practices by analysing all risk exposures to the business and reporting on the risk exposures and prevention strategies for the business.
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within Risk and Compliance function as well as utilize appropriate models for analysing potential risks to the business, taking a 360 degree view of the company’s risk profile.
- Lead and coordinate risk identification (strategic and operational risks) and assessments, facilitating the prioritization of risks and the identification of risk owners.
- Liaise constantly with Senior Management and Directors on various risk matters especially tracking ownership and mitigation of risk items identified.
- Facilitate on-going enterprise-wide risk assessments and mitigation of risks as well as ownership in all business units in line with the company Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework including facilitated workshops and interviews with Senior Management.
- Network and foster firm relationships with internal and external stakeholders and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Generate and submit timely risk reports in an appropriate manner to different audiences. Also, ensure preparation of ERM reports to stakeholders when required.
- Align operational targets to business strategy and assist the Head, Business Risk in establishing and implementing structures to comply with the company’s Risk Management Framework in conjunction with the Business Units across AEDC.
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A First Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or Natural Sciences.
- An Masters will be an added advantage.
- Professional Risk Management Qualification would be an added advantage.
- 6 years’ experience in an industry/commercial entity with experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plans.<\li>
- A strong background in managing business risk or Auditing.
- Power Sector Business Savvy will be an added advantage.
ALL POSITIONS WITHIN AEDC REQUIRE:
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office application.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, codes, and health/safety issues.
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Self-motivation and self-initiative.
- Statistical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. Send your application based on the position you are applying for. See below
- TL.Businessrisk@abujaelectricity.comCLOSING DATE The closing date is 23rd June, 2017 at 5 pm GMT. All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter. The application should be emailed as stated above. The subject of your email should be “position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
NB: only soft copy of applications will be treated