McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Power Expert – Nigeria Infrastructure Programme
Industries: Public Sector
Who You’ll Work With
You will work on our Nigeria Infrastructure Programme and will be based in Lagos.
- Building on the success of the two earlier phases, the programme will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for advancing programme’s work on power sector reform, specifically in the areas of electricity market implementation, sector regulation and the commercial framework.
- You will guide specific areas of the programme based on expertise (e.g., power, governance, investment) and will design, manage, and deliver technical assistance projects related to those specific areas. You will support Nigeria’s power sector reform and power privatisation processes, working closely with the regulator and the bulk trader.
- You will be responsible for leading knowledge management and communications within you areas of specialisation, as well as ensuring an effective monitoring and evaluation system for within your areas of specialisation with a strong learning component.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in power and energy projects in senior management / advisory / strategic positions
- Deep understanding of power sector reform including unbundling, restructuring and introduction of private sector participation in the developing world
- Familiar with the structures, institutional roles and responsibilities within a liberalised power sector and market
- Understanding of behaviours and incentive structures for Government and licensees within a regulated power sector
- Developing world power sector experience essential; African power sector experience positive
- Experience overseeing reform programmes in some or all of the following spheres: Utilities restructuring & organisational reform in preparation for private sector participation; Transactional support for Independent Power Producer (IPP) and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) transaction across the power value chain; Power procurement and system planning; Improving the investment environment across power value chain; Electricity market operation; Regulatory capacity building and organisational turn-around; Tariff analysis, modelling and setting; Familiarity with industry agreements (PPAs, Vesting Contracts, TUOS, Grid Codes & Ancillary Service Agreements), and Development of Energy Access and Rural Electrification Programmes
- Sector reform planning and Roadmap Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online