Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer
Shall be responsible for effective General Accounting, External Reporting, Treasury Management and Account Payables, including development of operational policies & procedures to ensure financial discipline, preparation and reporting of financial performance of the IE, Coordination of Business Units Finance, effective management of funds and optimizing financing costs, etc.
- Full time
General Financial Accounting
- Ensure that Accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting
- Principles (in consultation with the CFO) and accounting standards applicable as per statutory requirements of company law are framed and followed
- Conduct periodic reviews of the organisation’s accounting policies & procedures and update where necessary
- Responsible for periodic book keeping review
- Supervise the reconciliation activities and financial close activities
- Oversees the preparation of Final Accounts, other regular review reports
- Ensures proper maintenance of General Ledger accounts
- Ensure the maintenance of accounting controls
- Bank and Cash management
- Liquidity management
- Exchange rate risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Develop policies and strategies for evaluating different investment opportunities.
- Review investment proposals prepared and forward to CFO for investment decisions.
Investments and Fixed Assets Accounting
- Review the proposals for capital expenditure as per delegation of power (DOP)
- Maintain Fixed Assets records and reconciliations
- Ensure correct and accounting for inventory
Training and Development
- Conduct Performance appraisal of employees under him and identifying specific training and skill requirements for officers directly reporting to him
- Perform any other task assigned by CFO/Director from time to time
- Other Administrative responsibilities
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
BU Finance Coordination
- Management of BU financial risks, treasury operations and process management.
External Financial Reporting
- Statutory reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Reporting to Lenders and other stakeholders
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the CFO/ CEO of the company
Chartered Accountant, MBA will be an advantage, with 9- 12 years of experience in the field of Finance & Accounting and Financial Management, Banking operations Treasury management etc, and at least 5 years in management position
- Advance Accounting and Financial Techniques
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills