Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographic Information Systems Coordinator
Reporting To: Chief Technical Coordinator
- Plans, coordinates, oversees and participates in the development, implementation, integration, operation, and maintenance of IE geographic information system (GIS) and permit system; designs and implements information systems for provision of access to GIS data; develops and implements specialized GIS applications; oversees the design and development of all databases associated with the GIS base map; and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Plan, direct, and participate in the acquisition, installation, administration, and operation of IE geographic information system (GIS) and permit system; oversee software release installs and updates for both systems.
- Coordinate, train, and instruct staff in the operation of the geographic information system and permit system.
- Develop policies and procedures for users and output requirements for GIS services in IE.
- Oversee and participate in providing graphic services including preparation, layout, and design of a variety of reports, displays, literature, maps and computer graphics; ensure the accuracy and completeness of digital GIS maps and data files for IE.
- Supervise the use, care and operation of GIS equipment in IE.
- Verify the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Serve as project lead for special GIS projects including the planning, system integration, database development, implementation and application development; meet with various GIS users and Information Services management to plan and discuss system requirements; provide project status updates as needed.
- Developing, maintaining and updating IE combined/integrated electricity distribution network databases.
- Coordinating database development activities with database administrators in the IT department.
- Serve as system administrator for GIS ensuring that application software and hardware operates efficiently and meets IE needs for information technology; update layers as changes occur.
- Coordinate the design and development of user-specific GIS databases and permit types; configure system operational functions; prepare reports as necessary.
- Integrate GIS with other computer applications; meet with users and review requests; develop and tailor applications to meet user needs; prepare documentation.
- Oversee the design and development of all databases associated with the GIS base map including relational databases; develop standards and strategies for maintaining database security
- Coordinate GIS and permit system activities with other stakeholders as needed.
- Represent IE geographic information systems interests to various governmental and professional geographic information systems related agencies as needed.
- Any other task assigned by the Unit Head
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a university with major course work in information sciences, geography, geographic information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience of increasingly responsible geographic information systems experience.
- Network Location Mapping
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: