- To effectively coordinate the distribution of IBEDC’s customer bills and facilitate revenue collection.
- Meter reading and management of meter reading books
- Handling of service connection like application
- Detecting illegal service connection
- Pursuing the collection of bad debts
- Disconnection/ reconnection
- Explaining estimated billings
- Explaining sensitive issues such as tariff changes
- Reporting faulty/ defective meters
- Legalizing non-registered consumers
- Disseminating load shedding schedules
- Other commercial functions
- Embarks on field trips to read customer meters for capture on approved billing/reading sheets and liaises with relevant departments to generate customer bills
- Distributes customer bills within required timeframe – ensures timely and effective distribution of customer bills
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Identifies prospective customers (unregistered customers, new businesses, etc.) and ensures they are adequately captured in the customer database
- Attends to customer queries/complaints on the field and escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and addressed accordingly
- Assist in meeting revenue targets for Business hubs – participates in revenue collection activities according to company policies and stipulated regulations to meet set revenue targets
- Escalates revenue leakage issues to the relevant departments when identified e.g. illegal connections, tampering of meters, etc.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for service delivery
- Get customers both old and new on metering including the CAPMI scheme.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor/OND or equivalent in any field. Social Sciences, Arts, Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role (esp. field based distribution)
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Customer Relation Management skills
- Knowledge of billing/collection practices, procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilized by IBEDC
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, negotiation and communications skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.